With the province reopening in July, The Forge is happy to announce the return of our summer classes! We look forward to seeing new and returning faces to the club as we enter into Summer 2021 and hopefully a return to regular training inside the community hall in the Fall.
Before joining, there’s a few key points we’d like everyone to take into consideration before coming out to join us!
- For the safety of our members, class participants, and volunteer instructors, we will be requiring that everyone have at least one vaccination prior to joining the class
- Our waivers will be updated with a section asking all class participants to confirm their understanding and compliance with our vaccination requirement.
- If there are underlaying medical conditions that prevent a member or participant from receiving a vaccine shot, this will need to be communicated to us prior to joining a class.
- While not mandatory for class participation, we do encourage people to bring masks. We do a lot of paired drills and exercises, and understand some people may be more comfortable doing these activities with masks. If this happens, we would encourage everyone to be accommodating to their partners. However, we can always switch up pairings if this becomes an issue.
- Class waivers and Code of Conduct have been updated, and will include a section on our vaccination requirement. As such, new participants and returning members alike will need to read and sign these documents at the beginning of their first class